Coach Ani leads Danielle and Coach Val in a conversation of Protection in this week’s episode, specifically on the topic of Course Correction via the ofttimes misunderstood Art of Collision.
For Big Money Stylist, we go over the following formula each month:
Week #1: Power
Week #2: Production
Week #3: Profit
Week #4: Protection
In This Week’s Episode…..PROTECTION
Point #1: What is Course Correction?
- Danielle: Course correction is the willingness to take feedback, learn and grow from it, and then add as much value as you possibly can so you are playing to your full potential.
- Coach Val: You always want to evaluate where you currently are and look at what is and isn’t working, making changes based off of feedback so you can continue to grow.
How do you respond to course correction?
Point #2: Collision
- Coach Ani: A lot of course corrections generally require some sort of collision, not in the sense of a giant fight but more like hard conversations.
- Coach Val: Something may have worked two years ago but if it’s not currently working, it’s time to have a direct conversation about it, which some people are not willing to have.
How has your perception of what a collision looks like been altered by this conversation?
Point #3: ABC’s of Hard Conversations
- Coach Val: Before I have a hard conversation, I want to make sure it’s based on facts, not feelings, and I want the individual to know I’m coming from a place of love.
- Danielle: I call team meetings once a month, and I also Voice Vomit on the group text thread as things come up that need to be addressed right away.
Who do you need to have a hard conversation with that you’ve been putting off?
Point #4: End Results Never End
- Danielle: A lot of people get stuck in their plan and then suffer by committing to a plan that’s not going to give them the results they ultimately want.
- Coach Ani: Don’t focus so much on how to get there, but rather focus on the end results you want. Turns out, the end results keep changing because you reach goal upon goal upon goal.
How is your current plan serving you? Is it time for a change?
Point #5: Changing Plans
- Coach Val: Be open inside of those hard conversations because they can lead you to places that turn out to be better than what you originally envisioned for yourself.
- Danielle: There are times we have to experience different things in our life to understand that it’s something we don’t want. Even though being a salon owner wasn’t in my game plan, I feel it’s something I had to experience.
What plans changed for you and turned out better than you could have ever imagined?
Quote of the Week:
“You are the only one in charge of getting what you want. If you’re in a place of life where you’re not happy, you are the one who created that path or your own limited story. Find out where you need to course correct and protect what you’re building while continuing to grow forward.”
People have turning points in their career where tough conversations are necessary in order to continue growing and progressing. Having direct, honest, and clear conversations helps everyone move forward and protects what has already been built.”
“Collision is merely a conversation. There’s no way to move forward without having those seemingly hard conversations. And remember, sometimes it takes having more than just one.”