It’s all about good vibrations in this week’s episode of Big Money Stylist. Knowing that one bad apple can indeed spoil the whole bunch, Danielle, Val, and Ani are highly protective of the vibe and energy of the artists and clients inside DKW, as well as inside their BMS educational classes. They are each highly intuitive and deliberately take steps to protect the energy of their personal space.
For Big Money Stylist, we go over the following formula each month:
Week #1: Power
Week #2: Production
Week #3: Profit
Week #4: Protection
In This Week’s Episode…..PROTECTION
Point #1: Vibes Speak Louder Than Words
- Danielle: I’m super protective of the energy around me. I need to be protective of who I surround myself with because that energy can ultimately pull me back or push me forward. I feel that people who have the same vibe, positive energy, and vision that I do – that we’re not stagnant but are pushing each other forward.
- Coach Val: Ever since I was little, I’ve been super in tune with vibes. My mom always told me to run with that, to listen to those vibes. What and who I surround myself with definitely affects me. It’s the unspoken vibe of people: your vibe speaks louder and truer than your words. You have to be protective against people who don’t fit in with your vibe and energy.
Are the people around you pulling you back or pushing you forward?
Point #2: Protect the Tribe
- Coach Ani: We’re very protective inside everything at DKW and BMS. We’re a family here and we never let shit go too sideways because we know it’s so important to the entire tribe. I feel energy so deeply and can tell when someone is sucking the energy out of everyone around them. The energy of one can completely throw off the energy of everyone else.
- Coach Val: We’re super protective of that vibe in our salon and in our education programs. Our vibes are positive and moving forward, and they’re all about growth. If you’re not in tune with that, you’re not going to be part of us. This is why we do interviews prior to people coming to class. We want to make sure we have the right fit so everyone can grow at the pace they need to grow, and that no one’s holding anyone else back.
How do you protect your tribe?
Point #3: It’s a Matter of Heart
- Danielle: Everything on paper about Garrett says absolutely not, grab your shit and get out. Energy comes down to listening with your heart, and not your head. My mind is very powerful, but ultimately I know the one thing I can trust is my heart. Sometimes I’ll choose the thing or the person that looks pretty on paper, and then later realize I should have gone with my heart.
- Coach Ani: I was raised by a mother who is deep into energy. When BMS was under construction, early in the morning and late at night I would go into the space and talk to the walls, “I love you, we’re going to build great shit, it’s going to be amazing, we’re going to change lives here, think of all the great shit we’re going to do.”
Where is there evidence in your life of following your heart?
Point #4: Protect Your Space
- Coach Ani: The shit that we deal with inside of our BMS Mastermind is really heavy. Garrett told me I have to find a way to protect my energy and space, and definitely never take that heavy energy home. Inside of this space – this big white bubble – it’s me, my energy, and only my energy. People can come to the outside but I can’t let them in and affect me, or I literally can’t do my job.
- Coach Val: I’m super protective of my husband and kids and what I ’ll allow around them. Sacred comes to mind, which spills into all aspects of my life. My kids get to learn life lessons at recess but, other than that, I’m controlling that shit. Danielle: I keep sacred the time that I have for myself and with my family. Whether I’m out with my kids or on a date with my husband, I buffer everybody else out to protect that space with them.
How do you protect your space?
Point #5: Warrior Women
- Coach Val: I received a message from a girl I grew up with: “You and your team are changing the world, and you’re changing the lives of people in industries other than the hair industry. You inspired me to take a leap of faith and go after my dream.” This is why we’re protective. We know where we’re going and we realize how many people we’re affecting, and we don’t want anything to hinder our growth.
- Coach Ani: I get messages from people who say, “I wish I did hair just so I could come to BMS!” If you haven’t yet looked up Warrior Women, go to warriorwomennow.com,watch the movie, and consider joining us in August. We’ve essentially merged Wake Up Warrior and BMS. It’s so fucking cool to me that we get to go and influence others, that we’re growing past the artists and get to protect and affect everyone else as well.
When are you going to enroll in Warrior Women?
Quote of the Week:
“You have to protect your mind and your energy so you are delivering what you expect to be around you.”
— Danielle White
“Wherever I am, I am fully present and giving all of me. I try to compartmentalize and keep those energies where they need to be because they’re super sacred. That way, I’m not bringing anything home or cross contaminating.”
— Valerie Plunk
“Where are you letting the boxes of your life cross contaminate? Are you letting one box affect another, which is then affecting another, and then it’s bleeding all the way down? Take a look at your life: Where are you not protecting the energy that you need to?”