What could actually change inside your life if you made the decision to step forward and own your power? Join Coach Ani and Coach Val in their passionate conversation around the topic of Power in this week’s episode of the Big Money Stylist Podcast.
For Big Money Stylist, we go over the following formula each month:
Week #1: Power
Week #2: Production
Week #3: Profit
Week #4: Protection
In This Week’s Episode…..POWER
Point #1: What is Power?
- Coach Val: For me, power is finding my confidence and then standing strong in that power as it propels me into the direction I want to go. I am loving this journey, and I love pushing myself beyond my comfort zone.
- Coach Ani: Something we see all of the time in the students who come into our programs is the attitude of “I wish I could, I want to, but it’s not for me, my husband won’t let me, etc.” It’s actually them retreating from a lack of power. Once they make a decision to stand in their power, they are never the same person.
What does Power mean to you?
Point #2: I Want a Jill
- Coach Val: This phrase has been coined as a result of my training Jill. This keeps me on my toes and keeps me wanting to make the training a valuable experience for her. It’s not enough for me to reach a new level and then stay there, I have to keep wanting more, growing more, and being more so I can keep inspiring others and leading the way.
- One of my constant struggles is saying “yes” and putting myself out there because it’s so easy for me to revert back to playing small. It’s really uncomfortable for me to be open and vulnerable, and to be in the limelight. Taking those baby steps is a daily decision that doesn’t come naturally for me, but the feedback and the results from our students keep pushing me forward so I can grow even faster.
What is a factor in your continual growth?
Point #3: Turning Points
- Coach Ani: As I look back on my journey, I’m able to recognize how certain decisions have been huge turning points in my life. I see how there are so many turning points in everything that we do. Warrior Week for Women is going to require a version of me that’s never before existed – it’s not the version of Ani that does hair or who trains on the systems of marketing. This is a whole different ballgame. And all of this pushes me to want to continually get better.
- Coach Val: When I moved my family to the beach, it was a move that didn’t make any sense financially, or in any way. The kids were in the middle of a school year and at this point, I was assisting Danielle making an assistant’s salary. But that feeling came over me of knowing that if we moved, more opportunities were going to open up. Within three weeks of saying it out loud, we made the move.
As you look back over your life, what are some significant turning points?
Point #4: As the World Turns
- Coach Ani: Finding power isn’t just a one-time thing. You start out with version 1.0 of yourself. When you step into decisions that aren’t easy, you become a new version of yourself and the old you dies. The world keeps moving – everything is growing, shifting and changing. If you’re not going forward, you’re going backward. There’s no such thing as stagnant because the world doesn’t stay still.
- Coach Val: When I get clarity and find that power for myself, that spills into other areas of my life – with my husband, my kids, with family and friendships. It’s so crazy how having power in one area spills over into another. I’ve changed as a person because of that power.
How has becoming a new version of yourself changed the trajectory of your life?
Point #5: Did You Make the Edit?
- Coach Val: When you find your power, the quality of your life gets better. You start tolerating less bullshit because you’re that much more clear about what you want. The more power you find, the more clarity you gain, and then you begin editing out anything and anyone that doesn’t fit the vision of your life.
- Coach Ani: It’s not like you’re editing and making your bubble smaller and smaller. I feel like our bubbles are so big because we have such a large capacity. At the end of the day, it’s about the decisions you make. Every single decision you make will take you down a different path, and will either give you more power or take power away.
Who and what have you edited out of your life after gaining clarity and making the decision that you will no longer tolerate bullshit?
Quote of the Week:
“Even though I get in my head and slow myself down, I’m always working toward that vision I saw of BMS. I want to encourage you to follow those moments where you have a vision. Don’t just brush them to the side, follow those visions, even if you’re scared.”
— Valerie Plunk
“Take a look at your life: Where have you been avoiding taking power of something in your life because you’re scared, nervous, and unsure? What is it that you’re avoiding? What could actually change inside your life if you made the decision to step forward and own your own shit?”