Admittedly different than most in the hair industry, the dynamic duo of Danielle K and Garrett J White bring a little spice to the table, a different flavor to the mix, and together, with their artists, deliver up BIG results. They’re turning the world of hair upside down and couldn’t be happier about it.
In Big Money Stylist, we go over the following formula each month:
Week #1: Power
Week #2: Production
Week #3: Profit
Week #4: Protection
In This Week’s Episode…..PRODUCTION
Point #1: Slave Behind the Chair
- With his background as a PE teacher, many have questioned Garrett’s involvement in the hair industry. Yet, when you’re married to an artist as he has been for the past 15 years, you see first hand the challenges the hair industry presents.
- Garrett recognized that even if an artist becomes world class in their artistry and abilities, they remain chained to the chair due to their lack of business know-how, which is NOT taught in hair school.
What have you been led to pursue even though it was out of your scope of study or training?
Point #2: What’s Driving You?
- After Danielle finished hair school, she wanted to find a solution to her “crappy hair,” which began her journey into the world of hair extensions. Along the way, she had to figure out how to be a better businesswoman.
- What drove Danielle, in the beginning, was her passion for hair and problem-solving. She attributes her business success to loving what she does, sharing it with others, and delivering up great results in the form of transformation.
What is the driving force behind your success?
Point #3: Addicted to the Craft
- When artists step back and take a good look at the big picture, more often than not, they realize they’re not making as much money as they thought they were. In many cases, they’re quite shocked by the reality of their situation the facts and numbers are painting.
- Danielle: I realized, like most artists, that I was working a ton and wearing myself out. I was not detail-oriented nor was I doing my numbers. I was, however, addicted to the craft, to the transformation, to the money.
Where in your world are you running yourself into the ground because of your addiction to the money, the results, or the craft?
Point #4: Raising the Bar
- The changes inside of BMS in 2019 are results-driven; they’re creating an environment of elite artists with sustaining and lasting results who are dominating in the hair game.
- The Road to BMSCON4 in November 2019 has benchmarks along the way that every artist MUST complete in order to attend, including six months of training and pre-requisites, as well as a financial commitment. “Gone are the days of going home with another piece of paper that you can hang on your mirror and nothing happens.”
How are you leveling up your game?
Point #5: The 7 Problems Artists Face
- Garrett: In the beginning we launched NBR training but then we saw a bigger problem: it’s one thing to learn the NBR method, it’s another thing to build a business that works and ultimately fulfills the three pillars of BMS: work less, make more, love your life.
- Each of the 7 Problems that Garrett identifies has an opposite to it, which is what their students are experiencing inside of BMS. “The game I play is results. That’s it. The real commitment is assuring our students have a shot to get results.”
As you step back and take a look at your life, what are your results? What actions are you willing to take if you’re not happy with the results?
Quote of the Week:
“Most artists are completely and utterly stuck in a rut. The only difference between a rut and a grave are the dimensions.”
–Garrett J White
“The more business savvy we become, the more we can love the art and the hair; the more we can create that balance and lifestyle that we’re looking for, which is ultimately how to win in this game.”
–Danielle K White